Friday 12 January 2018

New part-time job, but business as usual!

As of this week I have taken on a new part-time job, three days a week from Mondays to Wednesdays, working as a case worker for an elected constituency member of the Scottish Parliament. From Thursdays to Saturdays I will be back in genie mode, although I will keep the blog updated throughout the week.

I don't foresee any major changes to the routine just now, just a slight re-ordering of how my workload is organised. Client research work will continue (I was at the Burns Monument Centre yesterday in Kilmarnock, and so impressed that they now have free complimentary tea and coffee!), as well as writing, tuition and lecturing.

My new part-time post gives me an opportunity to continue to support my fellow constituents here in North Ayrshire (I stood in a local election last year and narrowly lost), and I will be working with a great team. The new routine allows me to tap into both my key interests - local politics and genealogy - and in a much more focussed way, so I am very much looking forward to the months and years ahead!


Chris

Needing a Christmas present for a family history obsessed love one (or for yourself)?! For my genealogy guide books, visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html, whilst details of my research service are at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. Further content is also published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES.

No comments:

Post a Comment